8/12/10

Avocado

There is a day approaching that I am trying to avoid.  It will be one year since my Grandpa Power left us, and I am really not sure what day he died, but I know it's approaching.  I kind of don't want to know.

What I do know is that while slicing into a perfectly ripe avocado, I realized how many fun memories of my Grandpa revolve around food.  As un-gourmet as it sounds, there is nothing like a ripe avocado crudely mashed onto a toasted piece of wheat toast and sprinkled with Bob's Big Boy seasoning.  It instantly makes me thinks of mornings in my grandpa's kitchen watching him stir wheat germ into his water.

Year before last Gpa gave me 10 bottles of the stuff kind of as a joke.  I didn't think of it until recently, but I think maybe, just maybe he bought it in the hopes that it would keep a fond memory alive for me.  It surely has.

No comments: