This dish is simple to make and full of bright, fresh flavors. I suppose it was inspired slightly by a pork dish that my family makes that has a sauce made of mustard powder, water and soy sauce. The 3 different mustards add a nice spicy and smoky tang to the sauce, while the citrus on the salad brings a bring contrast. The shrimp has less than 2 grams of fat per 3 skewers, and the dressing is fat free as well. Throw in all the benefits of the vitamins and antioxidants in the vegetable salad and this is a very Skinny meal.
· 1 lb of shrimp
· 4 tsp Saucy Mama Chipotle Mustard
· 1 tsp soy sauce
· Chipotle powder for sprinkling to taste
· Olive oil spray
Skinny Vegetable Citrus Salad
· 1 cup shredded cabbage
· 1 cup shredded broccoli mix
· ½ shredded carrots
· ¼ cup diced purple onion
· The juice and zest of one orange and one lime
· 1 handful of chopped cilantro
· ½ tsp garlic powder
· Salt and pepper to taste
For the Saucy Mama Mustards sauce
· 4 TSP Saucy Mama Smoky Garlic Mustard
· 2 tsp Saucy Mama Dijon Mustard
· 4 TSP soy sauce
· 4 TSP of honey
· ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
1. Rinse, drain and dry shrimp and combine with mustard and soy, and refrigerate for up to an hour.
2. Make the sauce by combining sauce ingredients in a large bowl and whisking well. (You can also add all ingredients in a mason jar and shake it up!)
3. Make the vegetable salad by combining all ingredients and mixing well.
4. Next, skewer shrimp onto bamboo skewers and sprinkle with Chipotle powder. (If Chipotle power is too hot for your liking, you can always use smoked paprika.)
5. Preheat large skillet and spray with olive oil spray.
6. Once the skillet is HOT, add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, turn and cook for another 1 minute and then cover and let shrimp steam for an additional 2 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. (This can also be done on a BBQ.)
|To plate, I added a ½ cup of the vegetable salad and poured about 4 TSP of dressing around it. |
Then I added the skewers.
|Another way to serve it would be to combine the dressing the salad and top with the shrimp. |
Want to win 3 bottles of your own Saucy Mama Mustard?