7/28/10

What's For Dinner

I've had a vision of Asian Pork Tacos for a few weeks now and have yet to really pull it off.  I tried it in the crockpot and it was delish, but not really what I wanted.  I pictured something a little crispy, a little sweet and a little salty. My husband brought up his love for Teriyaki pork chops, so that's what I made tonight.  I let them marinade over night in a homemade marinade of soy, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, cilantro and orange juice.  I BBQ'd them on low for about 5 minutes on each side.  Then after a mandatory rest on the counter, I sliced into the thin chops and was wowed!  My husband was right!  They are fab. I made them with my fave slaw.  Here's the recipe:

Crunchy Asian Slaw
Ingredients
  • 1 cup shredded cabbage
  • 1 cup broccoli slaw
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 2 radishes, jullianed
  • TSP fresh cilantro
   For the dressing:
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1 tsp orange zest
  • 4 tsp oyster sauce or soy sauce
  • fresh grated garlic and ginger to taste
Directions
For the dressing, simply combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with whisk.  Add cabbage, broccoli, carrots, radishes to the dressing and mix well.  Top with cilantro.  Goes great with a few honey roasted peanuts or crispy chow mein noodles.

No comments: