Roasted Garlic, Shallot, Onion & Potato Soup
· 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
· 1 package of shallots, onion and garlic (near the salad at Tj’s)
o Or 1shallot, 1 small onion, and one clove garlic, finely chopped.
· 1 bulb roasted garlic
· 2 TSP butter
· 1 TSP olive oil + more as needed
· 2 cups chicken stock
· ½ cup half and half or milk
· Lots of salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot sauté shallot, onion, and garlic in butter and olive for about 4 minutes or until soft. Add potatoes and sauté for an additional 4 minutes, adding more oil as needed so that the potatoes don’t brown, but soften. Add stock and roasted garlic and reduce heat to medium. Once it comes to a boil, reduce to low, and simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes fall apart and are translucent. Season and add milk, and puree with immersion blender until smooth. Great additions would be rosemary, bacon or pancetta, broccoli and cheese.